Hey everyone! I just finished recording my 2nd album and I’m doing a few dates to perform it before I tape a TV Special in the spring! ALSO! Darren and Sam from WKUK will be coming with me!
If you live in Bloomington, IN or Kansas City – we’re going to be playing your town! Come out, listen to the news stuff – watch some sketches and say hi!
MARCH 13 -15
GET TICKETS HERE!!
STANFORD’S COMEDY CLUB
MARCH 19 -22
GET TICKETS HERE!!
Here’s what happened.
Also!!! New Music Video coming out in a few weeks!
Hey guys! Comedy Central just released a NEW MUSIC VIDEO for my album which GOES ON SALE TODAY!!! I’m really excited that it’s finally out! I had a lot of fun recording it and I hope you guys like it!
It’s available on iTunes, in stores and on Amazon!
Amazon has put up a link to order ‘DRUNK TEXTS TO MYSELF’ here: AMAZON PRE-ORDER!
OOOOOOOO..K!! Sorry it has taken me so long to get to these. I’ve been really busy finishing up the album this month (It’s done and I’m shooting music videos for the songs now!!).
But here you go, Here’s a new round of MONDAY QUESTIONS (that never actually come out on Mondays anymore.)! If you have more questions, just leave them in the comments section of this post and I’ll get to ‘em!
ALSO!! If anyone wants to come, I’m doing the first new WHATEVR SHOW of the year on the 26th of July at the UCB Theatre in Los Angeles. Tickets are here: http://losangeles.ucbtheatre.com/performances/view/24035
Ok! Heeeeeree Weeeee Goooooo….
Q#1: Floyd Dehanne: Hi Trevor! Big fan also who wanted to know if there were ever a zombie apocalypse which of the other WKUK troupe members would you sacrifice first and why? Btw I love your music look forward to your album release
T.M: All of them. At the same time. Then I’d run away as they got eaten. And thanks!!!
Q#2:Tara R.: Hey Trevor! If you weren’t involved in acting what career would you want to be in?
T.M: Probably journalism. Or a fish boat captain.
Q#3: Clarissa: Question 1, Who is your favorite poet? Just saw your brilliant sketch Walt Whitman and I was wondering if you all did that cause he’s either your favorite poet or just to spoof PBS? Question 2, That sketch, Dr. Kyle COMPLETELY reminded me of House -did Hugh Laurie’s House inspire the sketch or is it just coincidence? Question 3, do you honestly like having fans ask you for advice or are you kind of over it? Question 4, if you’re not to over it I really could use your expertise haha This guy I like does shrooms and I’ve always wanted to try them, tonight two of these girls I knew told me “Don’t do them” “you wouldn’t be able to handle it, you’re already paranoid.”. Is it just me or is that extreme insulting and they’re doubting my strength?
T.M: #1 Charles Bukowski is probably my favorite poet – although I’m not really a big poetry reader – so my knowledge of who’sout there is pretty limited. #2 No, we didn’t base that sketch off of House. I’ve only seen bits and pieces of the show. That’s funny that the characters lined up like that though. #3. I’m not over it! #4: I don’t know enough about you – but I do know that psycadelics can bring out whatever you’ve got going on inside. So if you are a paranoid person – you’re more likely to have a bad time. Be safe.
Q#4:Karen: Trevor PLEASE sometime while you’re in NYC can we get drunk together? Which bars do you hang around midtown and what nights -if it’s not too presumptuous to ask??? It’d be a dream come true to hang out with or get drunk with you!!
T.M: I’m back in LA now. I was in NY for a month recording the album but now I’m shooting the music videos on the West Coast Maybe next time!
Q#5: frankenfi: I am a Future Teacher of America! This fall I am transfering to a university. I am super-stinkin’ excited to begin school but I am nervous too. If you ever felt fearful of a new campus, what did you do?
T.M: Whenever I switched to a new campus, I would just hang out in the lobby of the dorm until people came up and said hi to me. Then I’d go be friends with them. True story.
Q#6:Anthony LaPaglia: Hey Trevor! Huge fan of Whitest Kids U Know and I absolutely loved the movie Miss March. I own it on Blu ray and DVD, I showed the movie to my friends in school who love WKUK and they thought the movie was Hilarious! I just wanted to ask if you ever got offered to make a sequel to Miss March, would you want to do it? Also what do you think Tucker and Eugene’s lives are like now after the events of Miss March?
T.M: Thanks Anthony! I don’t think they’d offer us money to do a sequel but I’d probably do it and write it really crazy. Tucker probably died a couple weeks later and Eugene probably married Cindi, then she divorced him and he works at a motel.
Q#7:Nell says: I’ve been writing and recording my music for years and am currently in the process of trying to set up my own music page. However, I’m a little hesitant. The only thing holding me back from putting myself out there is that I’m afraid of what people might say about me. Believe me, I know that sounds really ridiculous considering rude comments pretty much go hand-in-hand with any type of performing. So my question is, how do you deal with negative things that are said about you? As a performer I really respect, I wondered if maybe you could shed some light on this for me? Thank you so much again, seriously. And I hope I’m able to attend a show this fall since I’m finally eighteen and able to get in!
T.M: I think the best way is to just really, really want to do/say what you’re doing/saying. If you care enough about what you’re making, then that should help you to shrug it off if people say mean things about it. I’m sure it will always stings a bit when people say mean things – but who cares about them? Just keep your head down and do what you want to do. And good luck!
Q#8:Kellie says: I know you’re best friends with Josh Fadem, and he just made a video called dinner for 2 that pretty much is the exact same thing as Timmy Talk show. Who’s the real mastermind behind this??????????
T.M: No idea!!!! But maybe if we play them side by side, the two Timmy’s and the two Josh’s are talking to each other.
Q#9:saba:Hey Trevor, I’m a huge fan…I love wkuk. I wanna know if or when your tour will bring you in or around Mississippi? I know we are a bunch of rednecks here but I also know many people that would love to see you. And one more question….if I ask nicely would u marry me? Lmao….
T.M: We want to play some more shows in the south this year. So hopefully we’ll get to Mississippi. And I’m already married – but ok, maybe.
Q#10:Heidi Hallas: Do you guy’s plan on keeping up the comedic career with WKUK in movies? I know you guy’s have done a few kinda think it would be neat to see you guys franchise into comedic wkuk movies. Kinda like how Monty Python did comedy skits and branched off into movies. I will most definitely keep an eye out for tour dates in LA. Thanks for your time I know your a busy dude.. but well appreciated.
T.M: Yeah, we’re working on a new WKUK movie right now. We’re hoping to have the script done by the end of the summer and then we’d like to shoot it as soon as possible. And we’ll be doing more and more shows as WKUK in the coming months.
Q#11:Kurt says: Hi Trevor! Do you get annoyed by people asking you for advice/hitting on you/whatever else they do on the internet?
T.M: No, it’s chill.
Q#12:Zack says: Hey Trevor! I’ve found out that your into conspiracies and stuff like that. Well my question is what are your takes on aliens. And also what is your favorite UFO story? Lastly Id like to thank you for all the laughs you and the whitest kids have given me and I hope to see you on tour in boston sometime soon. Thanks.
T.M: I actually don’t pay too much attention to the UFO conspiracy theories. But I do think that “aliens” are probably more likely intra-dimensional beings than intergalactic.
Q#13:Stephanie says: Hey, just wondering about the album. Is it gonna be comedy or serious music stuff? Maybe both? I took 4 buses to Boston for the Royale show a while back. Loved it. Sorry I didn’t get a chance to say hi to you again. Hope you guys get to do another NYC show!
T.M: It’s going to be all comedy songs. Like the songs I used to do on the Whitest Kids show -just a whole album of new ones.
Q#14:Andrew says: Hi Trevor! I want to say thank you for all the laughs you’ve given me! Legend. Will the DC area be one of your stops on your next tour?? What is the largest animal you bet you can outrun?
T.M: Yes, we’ll definitely do D.C again soon. And probably a Blue Whale.
Q#15:Tim says: Hi Trevor! first i would like to say i’m a huge fan and i hope that the tour comes to Pittsburgh Pa so i can c u preform. I have 3 questions if u don’t mind 1.Are you going to do another movie because miss march was hilarious and a really good movie and people who don’t think so apparently don’t have a sense of humor or a funny bone in there body!. 2.Is your cd going to be released in stores? 3. i myself want to do sketch comedy i write my own songs some parodys so do you have any advice? sorry i wrote so much
T.M: Thanks Tim! We’re trying to work on a WKUK movie right now. And yeah, the CD will be in stores. That’s awesome that you’re writing songs too. Just have fun with it. Write whatever makes you laugh the most. And hopefully there’ll be people out there with your sense of humor too!
Q#16:Mary Kate says: Hey trevor! I love wkuk so much and you guys are all so talented, you inspire me to make others laugh! So my question is who is your favorite comedian? Also i’m just curious, are you good at math? Thanks and i hope whitest kids come to chicago soon!
T.M: I have a lot of favorite comedians. Python, Bill Hicks, Steve Coogan, etc.. I’m pretty ok at math. Not great at algebra. After fractions, I was kind of like, I don’t think I’m going to need this and I kind of checked out.
Q#17:E says: How does OCD manifest in your life, other than annoyingly? Specifically.
T.M: Mostly just stupid little routines or sayings I’ll have to perform before I do things/leave rooms, etc. But over the years the routines/sayings get longer and longer and more elaborate and time consuming. So I’m trying to will myself to quit all of it alltogether, but it’s kinda tough.
Q#18:Bella : I’ve been listening to the commentary of the WKUK DVD’s and I have some questions: A) What’s up with the clocks at 4:20? B) Why did you kiss Zach. For what sketch was it. He just played along and afterwards got angry at you. What’s the full story? C) Do you practice any religion seriously like deep inside do you believe in God? D) Do you really have a cat? Love you. I really miss you and I would love to see you every day. Thank you so much and for sharing and staying in touch it means a lot to us it makes us suffer a little less the absence of new episodes. Your generosity will pay off. Have an excellent week. You’re great! xo
T.M: A) We just started putting all the clocks at 420 because its number associated with marijuana and we’re immature. B) That story’s not really true. We were making it up. C) I don’t really adhere too strictly to any organized religion. But I think that there’s probably a God. D) And I really do have a cat. Her name is Beatrix! Thanks Bella!!
Q#19:E. Recksins says: When are you guys planning on releasing the DVDs for season 4 & 5 as well as the cd with the song ‘old folks home’? I have been trying to buy them online but cant find them anywhere. Also what do u prefer, Xbox or ps3? ……. Halo of cod? Oh and who came up with the sketch for ‘weird’? That was hilarious!
T.M: Not sure when/if the season 4 and 5 DVD’s will come out. That’s more of IFC’s department. And I prefer Xbox and I used to prefer Call of Duty. But I haven’t liked the last two that much, so now I probably prefer Halo.
Q#20:L.Anderl says:Hi Trevor! Iam from germany and one of your one of your and the wkuk biggest fans here! do you think you and the other wkuk will perform here someday? maybe at some english comedy night.
T.M: No plans to tour out of the country at the moment, but I think that would be fun!
Q#21:Brendon Booton says: Hey Trevor! I love your show! I was wondering when do you think that the WKUK movie will come out to theaters or when is a trailer? Also have you watched Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie, I think it’s great! I want you to be in one of my videos for youtube, that would be awesome, but i’m all the way in Iowa. but yeah, your awesome man!
T.M: We’re still writing the movie right now. We’re hoping to have the script done in the next month. So it’ll still be a bit before the trailer comes out. I haven’t seen Tim & Eric’s movie yet, but I’ve heard good things. I want to see it.
Q#22:Clara says:Trevor! Just had to let you know, seeing you all at the Va State Theater was one of the best nights of my life – my dad surprised me with tickets cause he’s a huge fan too!You all were amazing and just hope you all had as much fun as we did? Just wondering -you all played Justin Bieber’s Baby -are you all fans of him? Not to be rude but I can’t stand him… I just find him overrated.
T.M: Thanks Clara! We had a lot of fun at that show! No, we don’t really listen to a lot of Justin Bieber. I did see his documentary though and thought it was really weird/fascinating.
Q#23:Madelene (and Hannah. Sigh.) says: Hey Trevor. My friend and I are huge fans, so we have two questions: 1-Can you lower the age limit for your shows? We are not yet 18. Also, wanna hit up Hartford, CT? It’s boring, but…well, that’s a reason to come. I guess. 2-When Timmy shits himself (or poops his pants, whichever you prefer) in the conference room, what was the turd made out of? Pudding and oatmeal, perhaps?
T.M: 1. Some of our show’s are all ages, some aren’t – it kind of depends on the club and whether they sere alcohol. 2. And the turd was made out of a melted Snickers bar with Hershey’s syrup poured over it.
Q#24:Gus says: hey trevor, two questions. 1 where were you on the second season of breaking in? 2 do you guys plan on doing a live show in Mexico?
T.M: They cut some characters and brought in some new ones. Mine got cut. So I was chilling at my house with Beatrix, my cat during Season 2. No plans to do a show in Mexico yet, but maybe!
Q#25:Andrea says: A friend just posted your Finger Ring sketch in reply to an 80′s cartoon discussion, and it reminded me poignantly of many of our ridiculous toys when we were children, specifically a Thundercats Eye of Omens ring with a sekrit compartment I loved as a 5 year old. And the cinnamon scent as a “feature” was absurdly true of those plastic collectibles. You often lampoon the childhood sense of wonder that is both stupidly zany and cynically manipulated by marketing, but there is a sense of sweetness and whimsy in your sketches. Do you ever feel like something is sacrosanct, and pull back or alter sketches, or is a sign that you need to go farther, and parody it more? Would you trade your childhood for one less affected by marketing, toys, and television? Do you plan on having children of your own? Will you permit them exposure to the same forces?
T.M: I can’t really think of a specific case where we’ve held back on something – but I know we have. We’ll often discuss amongst ourselves whether asketch is too messed up to put in the show. And yes I think that marketing/television has a more negative than positive effect on kids. The problem is that it’s so ubiquitous that if you try to remove a kid from it’s influence, they’ll have a harder time making friends and they’ll be considered weird (like homeschoolers). I think the best thing you can do is teach kids to recognize that they’re constantly being sold to and to take everything on tv with a grain of salt.
Q#26:Alexis says: Hey!!!!! I my brother Curtis showed me your show wkuk and I love it soo much my favorite skit is the space potatoes! my brothers. Has helped me solo much this past year and I wanted to do something for him? During one of your new skits can you please name one of your characters Curtis!?!?! I would love that!
T.M: Not sure when we’ll be doing new skits. But I could just say ‘Hi’ to him right now! Hi Curtis!
Q#27: Luke says: Hey, Trevor. Huge fan of WKUK. I only heard about you guys about 2 years, but I’ve been hooked since day one. Anyway, if you’re ever near Cleveland, I’ll be sure to make it to a show. Anyway, a few questions: 1) Coke or Pepsi? 2) Do you write the majority or even all of the WKUK songs? You seem to be the most musically adept in the group, but then again that may just be because you’re the only one who does stuff on camera. 3) If you are the main music writer/player of the group, how did you get so good at comedic music? I’ve played drums seriously for about 2 years, and guitar for about a year and a half. I’m decent at performing music, and I’m (from what it seems) a pretty funny guy. But when I try to mix the two, it just doesn’t work. Maybe it’s because I’m trying too hard (let’s face it, people who TRY too hard to be funny are usually annoying), but all I know is that it’s not working for me. 4) What’s the craziest experience of your life? Whether it’s most dangerous, most exciting, scariest, etc. Anyway, thanks if you answer, and keep being awesome.
T.M: Hey Luke! 1) Coke 2) Yeah, I usually write the songs on the show (besides the ‘Boner Song’ which everyone wrote and ‘Hippo in the City’ which was Darren’s idea) 3) I don’t play the instruments on the songs. I can play guitar a little (chords) but we have actual studio musicians play when we’re recording the tracks. 4) I’m not sure … I’ve jumped out a window when cops were raiding a party in college. That was kind of fun.
Q#28 :Frank Tutankhamun says: Hey Trevor, Was wondering since WKUK started in front of an audience and was a regular live performance, was there ever any consideration of doing the televised show that way (not necessarily aired live but taped live) when you were developing it for fuse? Any thoughts on audience laughter in sketch/comedy tv shows? And as a Python fan I was surprised to find that Cleese never altered his performance during takes, did you guys experiment with each take, or always follow the script, or if it was funny once, stick to it or editor’s choice? Got to see you in Philly the night Whitney Houston died, bar the epic, soul shattering sadness of the announcement, twas a great show. Best of luck on the up-coming projects. cheers, steve
T.M: Thanks Steve! No, we never really thought about it being in front of an audience. We knew that we wanted to do more edited, film-like sketches than single scene sketches (that play better for an audience.) We also never really had that much time to change takes up that much. We’d shoot up to 17 pages a day so we had to just get it and move.
Q#29:Clara says: Trevor, again love you huge fan! In the sketch Sick Employee ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qni-jyXcbk&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB972636BCD1B5829 ), did you actually throw up?? I know you guys do a lot of method acting so I was wondering if here if you were actually throwing up or if you put some kind of fake vomit or something in your mouth?? It looked authentic and was kinda curious huh
T.M: Haha! No, that’s just some sort of salsa/ soup mixture our prop department made.
Q#30:Kelly says: Trevor!! Please say you’re still in NYC??Otherwise if you already left I’m gonna be miserable I never got a chance to see/meet you:((((
T.M: I did leave. I’m sorry I finished the album recording and am back on the west coast. But we’ll be back in NY this fall to do some WKUK shows.
Q#31:Miguel says: Hey Trevor, do you know the comic strip “cyanide & happiness”? I think you have a very similar sense of humor. Also, I read somewhere you used to do a comic strip at school, have you ever considered going back to that? Btw, since you’re a native english speaker, do you do comic strips or do you make them? Thanks in advance and please come to Europe with the troupe.
T.M: I’ve seen the strip a couple times and I think it’s great! I’ve never really considered going back to comics but who knows, maybe some time. I did comic strips for a couple newspapers from the age of 16 – 26 and enjoyed it a lot but I quit once I started getting too busy with the show.
Q#32:Karen says:Trevor, i value your opinion more than anyone’s so I need your serious advice. I like this guy. We’ve hooked up a few times but it’s been after he’s downed some alcohol or something. He says he cares about me but he doesn’t want a girlfriend because his other girlfriend “hurt him so badly.”. Now I feel like he’s doing the same with me and toying my emotions. I’m not trying to be obsessed but the other night out of no control I sent him this message: “can I just ask why.. Why did you say anything about making plans, hanging or anything when you never intended to even associate with me after the party.. How much do you hate me to fuck with me like that?You know i consider you a friend.. and all you did was toy with it and you never had any intention of doing anything with me. I’m sorry about bothering you but I needed to get that out and I’m kinda curious why you would do that.. You seemed better than that” How over dramatic was that message because according to Facebook he’s “seen” it but won’t respond?? Am I insane? I know I’m hype to get his attention but I guess I’m trying to force my way to be more than his hook up girl. Do you think I officially creeped him out and that’s why he won’t respond? Againsorry to impose but wanted to seek the Trevor Moore’s council on my fucked up love life. Love you by the way!! And was wondering if any of you, Zach, Timmy, Sam or Darren actually play the Didgereedo -sorry for massacring that spelling!
T.M: Well, seeing as it took me so long to get to these responses, I’m sure your problem has worked it’s way out one way or the other by now. But I’d say just move on. You’re obviously putting more work into your relationship than he is – and that’s never going to be fufilling for you. So who cares if you creeped him out or not. Creep him out more. Send him really messed up anonymous texts and leave chicken parts in his mailbox. And none of us play the digiridoo (sp?)
Q#33:Lauren says: Trevor!! Saw you guys at the Virginia State Theater this past Febraury and you all were ridiculously amazing of course but I have to ask, if you remember, about an hour or two before your performance, when I parked the car in the little lot, I thought I saw you and maybe Sam walk by in the parking lot? Then as I sat down in a cafe like a block from the theater I thought I saw Zach walk by the window. It’s bugged me since February abd will bug me forever -do you remember if that was you guys?? Walking around outside the Va state theater like near the restaurants/cafes? Like before your performance then or were you inside the theater an hour or two prior to your show?? I need to know if that was you guys!!lol
T.M: Yup, that was probably us. We usually walk around the town getting food or whatever right up to the shows.
Q#34:Miguel says: Btw, did you know that John Cleese considers your name to be funny? (Kevin, Trevor and Brian are his three choices of funny names in an interview, names that are just funny) I saw this in an old recording and thought “hey, wasn’t John Cleese one of Trevor’s idols? does he know about this? let’s ask him!” http://www.youtube.cv=1ni559bHXDgom/watch? Minute 4:45
T.M: Hahaha! I did not know that! That’s awesome! Thanks for pointing it out.
Q#35:Marissa says:Hey Trevor, I was wondering who you would consider to be your top ten favorite bands? My top ten consists of Breaking Benjamin, Stone Temple Pilots, Metallica, Alice in Chains, David Bowie, The Who, Rush, Disturbed, Led Zeppelin, and my absolute favorite band, Nirvana. The reason I’m listing my own favorites is cause I’m also wondering, even if they don’t happen to fall into your top ten, if you happen to like any of the bands I like?
T.M: Mine change all the time. But I’ll just grab 10 that I like alot right now: The Who, WAR, Warren Zevon, Alice in Chains, Parliment Funkadelic, Tool, Rolling Stones, George Harrison, Wu-Tang and Jimi Hendrix
Q#36:Lauren G:) says: Hey Trevor! If you don’t mind my asking, does it ever bother you in all honesty having so many female fans think you’re sexy -(including me :p) and sometimes flirt with you? Are you flattered or do you wish they’d lay off?
T.M: I don’t think ‘bother’ is the right word. But it makes me feel awkward sometimes. I like to try and write back to everyone who writes me, if I can. But I don’t really feel it’s appropriate for me to respond to those. And then I feel bad for ignoring those posts.
Q#37:Clara says: Trevor, this is a retardedly random question, but what is your favorite chick flick? And what do you think of -if you’ve ever seen -A Walk to Remember?? Also, another random, from one Aries to another, do you believe in astrology at all? Not the newspaper horoscope predictions, but like the information on signs personality traits and compatibility?
T.M: I really like the ‘Step Up’ movies. Darren was staying at my place for a month this spring and we rented one as a joke. Then we got obsessed with them and rented all of the other ones. On the second day we came into the video store, the guy who worked there said “So are you guys like in a dance troupe or something?” And we were like “I didn’t even know those really existed!”
Q#38:Toby says: Hey Trevor, first of all: I love WKUK and you have all provided me with countless laughs. My questions are: 1.) should I expect the WKUK movie to be released in 2013 or 2014? 2.) will you be doing anything else with Sam, Timmy, Zach, and Darren after the movie? 3.) when you tour next could you PLEASE come to Columbus? I’d love to see you guys all live!
T.M: 1) Hopefully it will be 2013 – but it could be 2014. 2) We plan to all continue doing stuff together. 3) We did a show in Columbus this spring! But we’ll probably come back (if not this fall, next spring.)
Q#39:Allison says: Hey Trevor! I was wondering, are there any characters from your sketches that were extra fun to play, or if there were any characters that you didn’t play but wish you could have? And what sketch did you guys have the most fun filming? Also, you should totally come to Pittsburgh on your tour. That’d be tight, and it would kind of make my life. No pressure or anything. Oh, also, I think it’s really funny when people ask you for advice on their personal problems xD
T.M: I liked playing my business man character a lot. I always had fun being that guy. And the Devil in “Opus” was fun too. There’s a bunch of them that were fun. I also liked playing the old lady teacher in the “Teacher’s Union” sketch and the old man in the town hall scene of Civil War on Drugs. We usually play in Philadelphia when we tour, but we should hit Pittsburgh once to switch things up!
Q#40:Paul Edward Cuminale says: Hey, i just wanted to let you know that I saw Miss March in theatres and I loved it from the moment I saw it. I have too questions, were you bummed out about how the movie did in it’s run? And I’ve read that you refrain from swearing due to your OCD, which was interesting to me because in Miss March you say “cock” but you’ve never said the F word. I think that’s really interesting and I’d like to know more about how the word cock doesn’t bother you but the F word does. If you wouldn’t mind. Thanks. – Paul.
T.M: I was bummed out a little that people didn’t seem to like it at first. But then we had to go and write season 4 so I couldn’t really dwell on it too much. And yeah, there’s not really a whole lot of rhyme or reason to my OCD about words.
Q#41:Danzilla says: If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
T.M: The cast of ‘Step Up’.
Hey everyone!! Here’s another round of Monday Question (even though I didn’t really get around to it till Tuesday.) Thanks for participating! If you have anything else you’d like to know about WKUK, my new album, upcoming shows or whatever, leave them in the comments section and I’ll try to get to them by next Monday!
Q1: VaginalBloodFart says: Do you still do the carlton when not being solicited by people making videos?
A: Trevor: Haha! Not so much. (Here’s the video he’s talking about. I’m somewhere in the middle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K8j9OR8jtk )
Q2: Victoria says: Would you please tell my five year old hi. His name is Reese and he thinks you are so funny. He knows wayyyy more WKUK sketches than any five year old should know. He wants to dress up like sex robot for Halloween. Lol.
Also… We would love for you guys to make a stop in Tennessee. We like to laugh down here too
Thanks for the laughs. Can’t wait for the new stuff.
A: Trevor: Hey Reese! Thansk for watching the show! Hopefully we’ll be in Tennessee sometime in the fall.
Q3: Glen says: Anecdote then question. On memorial day I made a hammock out of hemp, then attempted to smoke it. I past out from lack of oxygen but not in the hammock I just smoked. OK now question. How was your memorial day? Oh and do you prefer “Slam Dunk Ernest” or “Ernest Goes to Jail? Get at me bra !
A: Trevor: I don’t believe that story. My Memorial Day was good. I watched a lot of Teen Mom and grilled and artichoke. I prefer ‘Ernest Goes to Jail’ but maybe only because I haven’t seen ‘Slam Dunk Ernest’.
Q4: Aaron says: Hey Trevor! Huge fan yours. If you are ever in central Florida and want somewhere to “mellow out” get at me. It would be an honor. My question is this: How many takes, on average, does it take you to not laugh during a skit? I mean, I sometimes catch you guys cracking a smile and you just roll with it.
A: Trevor: Thanks Aaron! We just did a show in Orlando a couple months ago. But we’ll probably be back sometime this year! As for the amount of takes, it depends … some people have a harder time not laughing then others. I’m usually pretty good about not laughing … except for the ‘Huggins Family Car Dealership’ sketch. I think that was the hardest one for me to get through, for some reason.
Q5: lara star says: Hey Trevor
while going through a crazy breakup a yr ago,my cousins showed me WKUK to cheer me up and since then..I’ve seen literally EVERY single sketch from the show,and in some odd way ,it definitely got me through my breakup..SO THANK YOU!
A) so,my 10 cousins and i are all very close,im the 2nd oldest (21),and we all have the same dry/crazy humor as you and the guys from WKUK,and we all think we deserve a weird late night reality show about my entire family lol and thought it’d be perfect if you’d be the ryan seacrest to our family as he is to the Kardashians,and be our producer for our show lol WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER THAT??(its worth a shot lol) or EVER PRODUCING ANYTHING? you’re so talented.
B) Will you ever make a stop in Texas for the tour? im in san antonio,but Austin would be a perfect stop for you guys,i’d totally make a trip to ATX. also,if you ever need help booking in TX,my father is well known musician,bar owner,local magazine creator,and business graduate,who’d love to help get u over here.
C) On your twitter you mentioned,”Cocaine Mondays”…is that something you still do? if so,maybe you should try coming to TX on a monday!!!! (jk,kinda)
D.) What type of music are u into? for some reason,everytime i listen to folk,such as Conor Oberst,M.Ward…etc. i see us,like hanging out on a Monday,jamming out ;D
A: Trevor: Thanks! Lara! Glad the show could help you through your break up. As for producing your show … I don’t know, that sounds like a lot of work and I just ate and I wanted to play Diablo 3… B) We’ll definitely be doing a show in Austin soon. We were going to do one amonth or so ago- but we had to reschdule it. C) I don’t really do ‘Cocaine Mondays’ anymore … but ‘DMT Thursdays’ is alive and well! D) The music I listen to changes a lot. I get obsessed with bands and listen to them non stop for a couple months, then get bored and move on. Right now, I’m listening to a lot of War.
Q6: Cate says: Hi! First, I feel I must tell you that I absolutely love the Whitest Kids. I was like, 15 when the show premiered, and I’ve been a fan ever since. You guys are fucking awesome, and it’s impossible to be in a shitty mood after watching an episode. I’ve actually been watching your guys’ commentary on the episodes now, haha which may sound like a waste of time, but you guys are amusing.
And secondly, would you guys be able to come down to Arizona while touring? Tucson, to be specific. In all honesty, it sucks dick here, but I would LOVE to see you guys! It would be awesome.
A: Trevor: Thanks so much Cate! That’s nice to hear! It’s awesome that some people have stayed with the show since way back on Fuse! I’m not sure of our fall tour dates/ cities yet. But we’ll be posting them soon. And hopefully we’ll come by Tucson!
Q7: Valerie says: Hey Trevor, Just wanted to say you’re super awesome!
Do you get asked how tall you are a lot? My fiance is 6’8”, he gets bugged about it everywhere we go. Also, do you watch any other comedians or musicians, like Bo Burnham, Dereck Comedy/Childish Gambino, or Tim Minchin?
Thanks to much for taking the time to talk to all of us!
A: Trevor: I do get it a lot. But it doesn’t bother me or anything. I honestly forget that I am tall most of the time because I just always assume that everyone is shorter than me so I don’t think about it. It’s jarring when I run into someone who is taller than me.
Q8: Bella says: Hello Trevor! How are you? Did you really hit Zach with the phone book? It looked real. Did any of you guys ever get injured by doing your stunts? From the WKUK guys who’s your best friend? What’s your favorite movie and actor? Which Shakespearian role would you like to play? Who directs your musical videos? Thank you. Love you; you’re so talented, intelligent and handsome. All the best!
A: Trevor: Hello Bella! I’m good! Yes, I really hit Zach with the phone book. We’ve all gotten pretty injured doing sketches. I hurt myself jumping into that bookshelf during ‘Bigfoot Vs. Gravedigger’, Sam broke his arm during ‘Suicide Show’, Darren broke his hand doing ‘Space Potatoes’ live, Zach had to go to the hospital for poison ivy during the Civil War on Drugs… I don’t know that Timmy’s ever gotten hurt though. Unless you’re counting feelings.
Q9: Heidi Hallas says: I have to admit I have only just heard of WKUK last year and completely laughed so hard I peed, HA! I absolutely love the roll reversals portraying your self’s as lady’s from a guys perspective at times. I mean come on who dose not like foul mouthed Douchebaggery? I think you guy’s have a natural chemistry that just works, I know you guy’s travel to San Fran, Have you guy’s ever considered touring in Long beach? Oo yeah and the sketches you guy’s do are hilarious SERIOUSLY, do you guy’s ever consider doing real life situations and problems in your sketches and manipulating them into comedy? you know like the ones that are a fine line between ( Ooopsie did i just say that) and ( Officer I swear I was not smuggling midgets in pinatas). Sorry I have a warped twisted mind Any way’s a BIG thank’s to you guy’s for giving me a reason to piss my pant’s with reason. You deff have fan’s here in LBC! xOxO!
A: Trevor: Thannks Heidi! We’ve never done a show out at Long Beach, but we do shows in LA from time to time. I’ll post our next one here and at whitestkids.com We’re hoping to do a WKUK show sometime this summer in LA. Sometimes we will do sketches based off of real life situations or people we know in real life. The ‘Boiler Room Repairman’ sketch was based off of a IT guy that I know. And “Dad Will Take Care of It’ I based off of my Dad and pretty much everyone else in the world’s Dad.
Q10: IS says: Dear Trevor can you please explain to me talking in general and seriously why if some men hate their wives, are not attracted to them anymore, feel castrated and limited by them, are sick and tired of them, etc. They don’t divorce them and instead they cheat on them. Like Sam’s character on the blue aliens sketch. Why can’t they just get a divorce and be free to do whatever they want? Please enlighten me about male nature. (I’m not married or anything like that I just don’t understand this)
A: Trevor: I’m assuming it’s either because they have children and don’t want to disrupt their lives by putting them through a divorce or that they’re frightened of the financial aspect of separating from a spouse (alimony, child support, splitting property rights, etc.)
Q11: Amanda B says: Hey, budski! Here’s a question for you… What’s the worst heckling you’ve experienced on stage?? Do you have a FAVORITE time you’ve been heckled? Also, any favorite memory of one of the OTHER WKUK being heckled? … So I have this guy who I was friends with in 7th grade…now we’re 27-28 and we’ve re-connected. We were rogging for awhile even though he’s got a girlfriend. One night after doin’do’do’doin’it’doin’it I told him he should probably stop seeing her. He blew up at me and told ME I was being “disrespectful to his relationship.” SOthe question is…On a scale of 1 to fucking Micheal Lohan, how huge of a soaring douche-hole is he, AND, just exactly how hard should I kick him in the nutsac?
A: Trevor: We toured with the band ‘Flogging Molly’ for six weeks before we had a tv show and their fans would throw beer bottles at us and scream through our sets. That was the worst. I don’t really have a favorite time being heckled. Because it’s usually a drunk person being annoying. And, I would guess you should just stop sleeping with that guy. Sounds like a queef.
Q12: Miguel says: Why do you think people ask you about things that happen in their lives? Do you have a history as a counselor? Do girls tell you you’re a good listener? And also: What do you think would happen if you pour insect repellent over an insect?
A: Trevor: I am a licensed internet life counselor. I know exactly what everyone should do with their lives at all times. That’s why. My advice is always stellar. Also, if you poured insect repellent over an insect, the insect would be repelled from itself and constantly shooting around the room – therefore giving you an element that you could develop a perpetual motion machine from.
Q13: frankenfi says: Did you go to SVA right after high school? What did you major in and did it ever change during your time in college?
A: Trevor: I went to 4 different colleges. I started out as a Broadcasting major at VCU but ended up as a film major at SVA.
Q14: Ellie says: I’m sorry Trevor but I need your advice on this situation, but this girl and I have never really gotten along that well, after she deliberately ignored me one time I called her a bitch on twitter putting her on blast -NOT saying that was the most mature thing but at least I didn’t tag her -(neither of us follow each other) -two of my followers retweeted me so she could see it. She then harasses me with Facebook messages saying I need to grow up and stop caring what people think. She’s 23, I’m 20, how is she more mature then I am by bombarding me with Facebook messages then blocking me so she has the last word? Also doesn’t it sound like SHE’s the one who cares what people think?
I’m sorry to bombard you with my problems but I wouldn’t to know YOUR thoughts on this scenario even if you think I’m a dumbass cuz I value your opinions more than most peoples
A: Trevor: Fights shouldn’t happen via a social network. They should happen in parking lots behind grocery stores at 3 -5 in the morning. Each girl getting to chose a weapon she specializes in. Nothing with moving parts, however. Chains, pipes and knives. No witnesses. Neither of them telling anyone else where and when the fight is - or even that it’s taking place. The victor should remove the fallen’s head, hands and any other identifying parts and never speak a word of the fight to anyone as long as she still draws breath. Either that or just block the bitch.
Q15: Lorena says: Hello Trevor. Big fan here with a few questions.
If you’ve ever experienced severe anxiety and OCD, how did you or how are you coping with the disorders?
Do your fans ever inspire you and the rest of the WKUK in some way?
If you could star in any one of your favorite movies, which one would it be?
Are there any songs you like that you wish you wrote first?
Who do you relate to most, Beavis or Butthead?
A: Trevor: I’ve had OCD since I was a kid so I’m fairly used to it at this point. It’s annoying. But it’s something that’s been there, being annoying for decades. So it’s an expected annoyance. I’m always surprised by how loyal a lot of the WKUK fans have been. It seems like very time we tour we meet kids who’ve driven 5 hours or more to come see some of the shows and that always blows me a way and really makes me wish we’d rehearsed more J .. I don’t know that I would have wanted to star in any of my favorite movies .. because then it would be weird if I said that it was my favorite movie. Anyone who says their favorite movie is one that they’re in is a dick. …. I wish I’d written the ‘Happy Birthday’ song. $$$$$$$$$ … And I think I relate to Butthead more.
Q16: Mary-Kate G. says: Hey Trevor you are the shit ! (: I follow you on twitter and I’ve read a few posts about you being a vegetarian, are you one? Also I see a lot of Ancient Aliens references, are you a fan of the show? If you are have you ever met Giorgio A. Tsoukalos (the dude with the crazy hair)?
A: Trevor: Thanks Mary-Kate! I am a vegetarian – but not really for moral reasons. One summer when we were shooting, it was constantly like 90 -100 degrees in NYC and I felt gross and sluggish all the time. So I decided to not eat meat for a week and see if I felt better. I did, so I just decided to keep going with it. I do love the Acinet Aliens show, but never really was aware that we’d referenced the show at all (besides just sort of making fun of the History Channel’s penchant for science-fiction programming in general.) And no, I’ve never met the crazy haired guy.
- Ok. Sorry it took me SOOOOOO long to answer these. I’ve been recording the new album for the last two weeks and it’s been pretty crazy. (Also, I have some weird “list” format on this post that I can’t seem to get rid of – sorry I’m a mess right now.) Anyway, here are last weeks answers to your questions. If you have any more, leave them in the comments section of this post and I’ll answer them by next week. Sorry again about my late-ness!! And thanks for your questions!
- Pisces says:
- Q: I’ve always thought that for a funny guy, you have a very dramatic face and voice… Would you ever consider doing a dramatic character in something?
- A: Sure! I think bad guys are the most fun to play. That’s one of the things I liked about the ‘Breaking In’ part, was that, originally, it seemed like it was going to be the bad guy of the series.
- Vito Gogolasays:
- Q: Hey Trevor! Me and my brother are two young Swedes doing comedy, music and movies – when not struggling at high school – and WKUK are one of our main inspirations. I just wondered if you have any advice for aspiring comedians such as ourselves? Know this is a tough one to answer, but is there something you remember when you yourself were a teenager trying to make it into comedy?
- A: Just do a lot of it. Perform as much as you can, wherever you can. Open-mic nights, school, etc. And film as much stuff as you can and put it up on-line! The younger you start, the younger you’ll start to find your legs.
- Anthony LaPagliasays:
- Q: Hey Trevor! Will the Whitest Kids U Know Movie have a full plot or will it be a bunch of sketches in 1 movie? Also could you tell us anything about the movie? Im so excited for it! Also your show at the Boston Royale was hilarious and awesome!
- A: It will be a full plot. I can’t tell you much about it because we’re still trying to decide which story it is. We’ve kind of been working on a few simultaneously. And thanks!! The Boston show was a really fun one for us too!
- Mary Kate Naughtonsays:
- Q: When do you think the movie will be finished and where will people be able to see it?
- A: We’d love to start shooting it within a year and hopefully it will be in theaters or Netflix or cell phones or tweets or something futur-ey.
- Danielle Youngsays:
- Q: I fell in love with WKUK way back when yall ( I’m from Mississippi which explains why I have poor language skills) were on Fuse. After that, I followed the show on IFC, even recorded the shows on VHS tapes (yes VHS tapes as I live in Mississippi) to show to my friends. I wanted everyone I knew to see yalls show cuz I laughed my ass off at every episode, even the 15 minute ones. Anyway, just wondering if yall will ever come to the south, I would love to see yall live but all the shows are in huge cities I can’t get to
- A: Thanks Danielle! We’ll definitely come to the south sometime on this next tour! We’ve skipped it on the last 2 so we’re long overdue!
- Q: Hello Trevor how are you? Are you really 6′ 6″? From the Whitest kids cast who is your favorite playing girls? You all do it great so much fun. Can you share bloopers from the Whitest Kids U know please? Are you still friends with Zach? Did you know you have lots of fans in Mexico? Thanks, all my best wishes! You’re great! Take care.
- A: I really am 6’6”. Darren is the best at being a girl. But Timmy is a close second. He just looks like a mom. As for bloopers, one time Sam drank a whole bottle of Scope while we were shooting and fell down a flight of stairs. I am still friends with Zach. And I didn’t know we had a lot of fans in Mexico! Maybe we can tour down there!
- Q: How rude and personal is it for me to ask you -while in NY, will you be spending more time in East or West Manhattan, and will your NYC fans get a chance to see you at all???
- A: I’ve been spending most of my time in Brooklyn and mid-town (where the studio is). But I take the L train a lot. And the F, too.
- Q: Please please please please please please please please PLEASE one time while you’re in NY can we hang out??
- A: L train! Between 6 – 9 pm!
- Q: Who out of all you all, Sam, Timmy, Darren, and Zach are most likely to take a punch for some random person just cuz you’re just that compassionate?lol
- A: Probably Darren. He’s a pretty swell guy.
- Q: I just watched ‘New Years Eve’ and I was wondering I you played and extra in the movie? Either that or I was way too tired to be watching a movie that night!
- A: Absolutely not!
- Jay W.says:
- Q: In the Cowboys sketch, does that actually have some truth to it? What I’m trying to say is, do you all kind of ignore Timmy? I don’t think that Dakota boy could be replaced. Do you still get a boner every time you watch Baked Beans?
- A: In sketches where we play ourselves, we’re kind of doing exaggerated versions of our own personalities and relationships. So, we don’t ignore Timmy that badly, no. But he might answer differently. And yes, boner everytime.
- Q: Hey Trevor! I love The Whitest Kids (saw you guys in Madison it was hilariously AMAZING!) and I’m also a major Monty Python fan, I was wondering what your favorite Python sketch is and do you have a favorite Python member? Oh and did you meet them when you did the Almost The Truth stuff? What was it like?!
- A: “The Architect Sketch” was always my favorite. And we met each of them except for John Cleese. It was really crazy. They were all very nice and I was very nervous.
- Q: Okay, so, A. Pleeeaseeee come to Minneapolis in the next year? Or Milwaukee. Us Midwest freaks need to laugh too.
- B. At yer shows, are there like tickets you can get to chill backstage with you guys? Oh my God, was that weird to ask..? Oh, care.
- C. Do you have a girlfriend?
- A: We will try our best to! B: There’s not tickets to hang out backstage, but we try to hang out afterwards and meet everyone. C: No girlfriend, but I have a wife … which is kind of like a girlfriend.
- Q: Hey Trev I have a question. On wikipedia it lists your recurring characters and one of them is Hitler and it says there’s a sketch called Nazi Beach Party. Does that exist? I’ve scoured the internet to try to find it, but I can’t!
- A: That is not a sketch. Wikipedia says a lot of weird stuff. Last time I was on my page, it quoted me on something I said on ‘The Bonnie Hunt Show’. I was never on the Bonnie Hunt Show. If there was ever a Bonnie Hunt Show. Oh yeah and I hate that picture they have of me… if only there was some way I could change wikipedia.
- Q: Hey Trevor! Thanks again for doing the Q&A and hope you are able get to this question!lol. As an avid Lord of the Rings and Whitest Kids fan, I l.o.v.e. your sketch on Lord of the Rings but I have to ask, are you a fan of the trilogy as well? Did you read any of the books, and are you planning on seeing The Hobbit when it comes out?? Sorry to bombard you with these questions!lol I’ve just been wondering this since I saw the sketch haha
- A: I watched all of them but I’m not a huge fan of magic in movies. Because in magic movies, I’m never really scared for the characters. I always just assume that the main character will be saved at the last minute by some spell or monster we haven’t seen yet … or big, coincidental eagle that can come in and save the day. But, I’ll still probably go see the Hobbit.
- Q: Trevor please do me the biggest favor -you said something in your other Q&A how your female characters tend to have names that start with C or something like Candace, could you do me the biggest favor and in the next sketch or movie you write can you name one of the girls Clara or even Clarissa?haha please??
- A: Sure! Maybe.
- Maria H.says:
- Q: In the episode, “Dad Wired Shut” when Sam says “Oh no who hit him?” after Darren says “Daddy was in a car accident…” what is your response that leads Darren -or ‘Helen’ to say “Daddy that’s racist!” lmfao was it something like “Some asian?” lol
- A: I honestly don’t remember. It might have just been gibberish.
- Q: What other areas are y’all talented in aside from what we see? I’d like to make a tour request if I may. Could y’all please come back to Nor. Cal in fall.
- A: We’re really good at playing Risk. And we’ll definitely be back in the San Francisco area.
- Q: Hi Trevor! Since I am from Russia, I was always wondering, how you like our Evil Empire and will Whitest Kids ever make it here (or maybe Europe, which is more realistic) to do a show? Srsly, consider it an invitation!
- A: I’d love to come to Russia to do shows! I don’t know how to go about setting that up though. We’ve had a couple people write us and ask us to come do shows there.
- Q: Hi Trevor! 1) I’ve always wanted to know if the squirrel in the hot box scene was real. Brilliant sketch by the way. Damn near pissed myself haha.
- 2) Would you be interested in doing an AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit.com? Not sure if you’re familiar with it though. It’s site where people from all over the world post ideas, pics, stories, etc. It’s pretty much the butthole of the Internet haha.
- A: 1) The smoke was catnip and the squirrel was fake! And thanks!
- 2) Sure. Someone asked me to do one before and I answered, like, 3 questions but I was doing it on my phone and away from my computer – so it got too complicated and I quit.
- Q: Hi Trevor! Dogs or cats? You’ve mentioned something about having a cat but besides you’re own -if you had to choose which is your favorite?
- A: Dogs. Cats don’t really like you.
- Q: Will you come to Canada in your future tour, Trevor? I’d love to see you!!!
- A: We’ve done some shows in Vancouver before. Had a great time. Would definitely like to play up there again.
- Q: My question is, when do you think toothbrush moustaches (Hitler’s moustache) will come back into fashion? My father wasn’t even born when Hitler died yet today we can’t still grow one of those without getting looked at, you know? So, what’s your opinion. Btw, it really works on you.
- A: I think that everyone, when they shave off their moustache’s – leaves themselves a Hitler moustache for a minute or two and they make angry faces in the mirror or walk around the house ‘heiling’ things. So it’ll never fully go away.
- Bill McCormacksays:
- Q: Long time fan here. Do you play xbox 360 online, and if so, what is your gamertag? I hope that you come to the Dallas, TX or Shreveport, LA area during your tour. I’ll bring you an awesome water pipe if you’d like! I own a headshop.
- A: I do! I try not to give out my gamertag though because then I keep getting messages while I’m playing and it’s distracting. I would totally hang out with you and your waterbong at your headshop though.
- Miranda says:
- Q: Trevor Trevorr trrevor pleadr canu get drunk eith you one day please?
- A: Sure. We’re going to a headshop in Shreveport, LA.
- nadine says:
- Q: Actually, screw that: Are you all gonna be coming to Boston anytime soon? Would love to see WKUK live again!
- A: Hey Nadine! This fall we’ll be touring again and we’ll definitely hit Boston. And then I’ll probably be touring with the album early next year so I’ll probably go through there again!
- Q: Hello, I had a question for you I was wondering if you’re ever coming back to Breaking In?
- A: Well, I think it’s cancelled now. So probably not
Thanks everyone! Sorry it took me so long to get to these. I’ll answer any other questions next week! (Maybe not by Monday – but I’ll try!)